10 Attractions in the World Most Frequently Visited by Tourists
Here are 10 famous landmarks in the world that are most often visited by tourists:
- Eiffel Tower (Paris, France) : The Eiffel Tower is the symbol of Paris and one of the most recognisable landmarks in the world.
- Statue of Liberty (New York, USA): The Statue of Liberty in New York City is a symbol of freedom and democracy and one of the most popular landmarks in the United States.
- Pyramids of Giza (Giza, Egypt): The Pyramids of Giza are ancient wonders of the world and one of the greatest archaeological sites.
- Machu Picchu (Peru): Machu Picchu is an ancient Inca city hidden in the Andes, recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- St Peter’s Cathedral (Vatican City): This Catholic cathedral is the centre of Christianity and one of the most important religious and architectural landmarks in the world.
- Great Wall of China (China): The Great Wall of China is one of the longest and most impressive engineering structures in the world.
- Taj Mahal (Agra, India): The Taj Mahal is a symbol of eternal love and one of the most famous buildings in the world.
- Milan Cathedral (Milan, Italy): Milan Cathedral, or Duomo, is one of the most majestic churches in Europe and the most important architectural landmarks in Italy.
- Hollywood Boulevard (Los Angeles, USA): Hollywood Boulevard is known for its “Walk of Fame” which is home to famous stars.
- Sydney Opera House (Sydney, Australia): The Sydney Opera House is one of the symbols of Australia and one of the most famous opera stages in the world.
These places attract millions of tourists every year with their beauty, history and cultural significance.